- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.
- 3-5 years A&P mechanic experience performing fixed-wing maintenance as required.
- Inspection Authorization preferred and/or experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 mechanic ratings preferred.
- Proficient in maintenance associated with Current twin engine fixed wing mechanical and system experience or equivalent.
- Ability to understand Maintenance manuals and diagrams.
- Apply information to troubleshooting problems.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and limits to your abilities.
- Advanced electrical and electronics knowledge.
- Advanced aircraft systems and records knowledge.
- Advanced logistics decision-making skills and aircraft maintenance planning skills.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Mentors base janitorial staff and may inspect their completed maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Valid Driver’s License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
- Basic computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Windows environment.
- Safety Oriented: Must maintain and demonstrate safety as a priority. Complies with PPE.Fosters a culture of risk and safety. Properly reports into safety systems, contributes to improvements, may sit on committees.
- Decision Making: Most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions. Willing to make difficult decisions in a timely manner (decisiveness).
- Quality/Accuracy: Achieves a high standard with work outcomes; completes tasks with a concern for all the details involved; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity and completeness; produces quality results.
- Accountable: Shows commitment, dedication and dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Adaptable: Effectively copes with an evolving work environment and quickly changes and adjusts own approach and behavior accordingly; adapts to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of situations.
- Versatility: Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to work within an environment of changing priorities.
- Customer Oriented: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers in a timely, efficient manner.
- Critical Thinking: Able to break down a complex task into manageable parts in a systematic way.
- Composure: Maintains a calm and professional demeanor in all situations; does not become defensive or irritated when under stress; is considered mature.
- Self-Improvement: Dedicated to improvement of skills.
- Provides input in establishing base maintenance processes.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to Cal-Ore Life Flight’s maintenance processes.
- Provides technical supervision and advice to staff as it applies to the maintenance process
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Company Operations Manual, Operation Specifications, Aircraft Inspection Programs, Repair Station Procedures, and Company Protocols.
- Required to carry a cell phone to provide uncontrollable standby on an as-needed basis with a one (1) hour response time.
- Ability to manage people, priorities and workflow.
- Ability to interact with crewmembers at a professional level under all circumstances.
- This position possesses no supervisory responsibilities.
Value Based Competencies:
- Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
- Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation
- Responds quickly and effectively to problems that may arise while providing service.
- Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication
- Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services
- Seeks out and utilizes best practices
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results
- Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program
- Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
- Capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- May be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
- Personal tools specific to aircraft maintenance.
- Dependable personal car and Cell phone (personal or company).
- This Part-Time Aircraft Maintenance Technician will be scheduled for approximately 25-30 hours per week and will complement existing maintenance teams with coverage and/or special projects.
- Must willing and able to work a highly flexible schedule with regard to days per week and start times.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director of Maintenance.