Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Current unrestricted EMT-P license in the State of practice. (Oregon position: must possess Oregon EMT-P license 30 days prior to date of hire.)
- Minimum of three (3) years of pre-hospital EMS experience (minimum of three (3) years “911”).
- CCT experience desirable
- Flight Paramedic experience preferred
- Current AHA ACLS, AHA BCLS, AHA PALS and NRP provider.
- BTLS, PHTLS or TNATC required within six (6) months of hire (talk with General Manager prior to class).
- Must obtain local EMS accreditation in all counties worked in (when appropriate) within 30 days of hire.
- FP-C desirable
- CCT-EMTP desirable
- National certification (FP-C and CCP-C) required within one (1) year of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, works efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set and reset multiple priorities.
- Remains cognizant of local EMS county protocols and requirements.
- Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team member.
- Maintains a positive team attitude and cohesive working relationship with paramedic, respiratory therapist, pilot, and maintenance technician and communication specialist.
- Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP’s.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft suite of software.
- Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking.
- Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting.
- Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
- Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
- Maintains a “duty” weight (body weight + uniform/equipment) of less than 230 lbs.
- Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
- The standard, full-time Flight Paramedic schedule at this location is a seven (7) days on, 24 hour shifts, followed by 7 days off.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).