The Clinical Base Manager (CBM) provides leadership, support and the resources to Clinical Personnel to promote customer oriented, high-quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. In every situation, the CBM does what is right for the patient and staff through the support of associates by removing barriers and maintaining accountability to the mission and values of the company. The CBM must provide effective problem solving, process improvement, leadership, communication and team building skills.
Position works under the general guidance and direction of the Regional Director of Clinical Operations.
Leadership and Management
A. Base Leadership
B. Crew Management
C. System and Process Management
Quality Management/Continuous Quality Improvement
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
• Previous experience as a registered professional nurse, paramedic or respiratory care practitioner is highly desirable.
• One (1) year management or supervisory experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills (word processor, database).
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in state of assignment
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and clearly.
• Remains cognizant of local EMS county protocols and requirements.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of and communicate the importance of SOP’s.
• Ability to empower, organize and motivate a team.
• Remain aware and understand the political environment both internally and externally.
• Ability to work within a strong team environment.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).