The REACH Pilot provides customer oriented, high quality air medical transport services in a safe and efficient manner. The pilot is expected to act as a proactive and integral team player, both in flight, and during ground operations, utilizing communication and technical skills which will strengthen the company goal of being held in highest regard within the EMS industry.
This position will support our CALSTAR base in Merced, CA.
• Maintains a schedule as set forth by the company. The pilot should be prepared to occasionally serve extra duty shifts when called upon, due to the absence of other pilots for vacation, sick leave, etc.
• Ensures aircraft readiness for flight dispatches, these items to include, as described in the appropriate manuals, but not limited to:
All FAR requirements
All REACH requirements
Aircraft cleanliness duties
All flight crew requirements
• Accurately completes, in entirety, all required paperwork duties, i.e., duty shift change form, load manifests, duty/time sheets, all within scheduled due dates.
• Continues in educational betterment, e.g., computer training, ground training and flight training.
• Ensures that any and all pertinent information about flight operations will be disseminated to his/her shift change pilot and/or disseminated through the Company Communications Board per policy.
• Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
• Attends meetings when required, and is available for training and check-flights outside of normal duty shift rotation.
• Upholds current company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties during scheduled shift as requested by Director of Operations or Chief Pilot.
• Maintains safety as the primary concern.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• 3000 hours total time (helicopter)
• 1500 hours PIC (helicopter)
• 500 hours cumulative night experience
• 200 hours cumulative IFR experience
• EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred
• Commercial Instrument Helicopter Rating
• Current Class II Medical Certificate
https://amgh.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppJob&action=jobEdit&id=3892&tab=RQ_DESCRIPTION&hashed=1513430068#!• Preference is given to applicants who have an ATP rating
• Preference is given to applicants who have previous EC-135 experience and/or single pilot IFR experience in a complex helicopter
• Preference is given to applicants who have previous NVG experience
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple priorities.
• Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team member.
• Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician and communications specialist by working cohesively.
• Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP’s.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).